This is another piece that I have had for many years, Johnny brought it home for me. He obviously used to support my addiction to old furniture, not anymore!
I decided it is finally time for me to do something with it.
I always knew there should have been legs on this, there is a strange bracket on the bottom. We had to set it on a couple of foam puzzle pieces otherwise the bolts would have dug into the floor. I saw a similar piece on Kijiji last winter and it had 60's type legs on it.
I had to pop the top off of the cabinet to remove the glass doors.
I originally was going to paint this black, but instead decided to go with gray. I used wall paint that I bought to paint the livingroom, that project is still waiting.
I adhered fabric to the back of the hutch with Mod Podge. I also coated the fabric with Mod Podge.
I put a coat of varathane on the hutch so that the stain wouldn't soak into the paint. I antiqued the whole piece, including the fabric, with ebony stain. The bottom to panels of fabric took the stain okay, but the top soaked up the stain in a couple of spots.
I was just going to replace the top panel, but then decided to tear out all three and put new pieces in, I like it better clean white.
I sprayed the hardware white.
I added legs to the bottom, the type I had seen on the other cabinet I was telling you about.
Here it is set up with a few props.
After all these years, it has finally been MacGIRLverized!