Thursday 24 March 2016

Pallet Wall, Part I

Pin It


This is a wall in the mudroom of the stone house that I want to make... more interesting.  The plan is a wood wall, bench, and shelves.


I decided to go with a pallet wall.  Why not, I've never tried it before, this is as good a time as any :)  As I showed you in my last post, I stained up a few boards, but they just didn't have the variety of colour that I was hoping for.


I added some paint, and voila, this makes me smile!


I liked the technique enough to go ahead and start putting them on the wall. At the end of the day, I was a happy woman.


Today I finished it, and I LOVE it! Here are a couple of close ups.




And...the finished wall!


Three people have seen it, and three people like it,


What about you?  What do you think?
The next step is the bench, you know I love building benches. Tomorrow is going to be a good day, I get to build a bench, and the babies are coming for a visit! Woohoo! I'm going to be a happy Grammie MacGIRLver!







Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I posted a question on one of your posts a few months back but could tell you weren't actively blogging at that point - busy with real life instead. I am a snowbird as well but head to Florida instead of AZ. Congrats on the twin grandchildren! I just noticed your CN trunk. My son is an engineer for CN's Wisconsin Central division.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I posted a question on one of your posts a few months back but could tell you weren't actively blogging at that point - busy with real life instead. I am a snowbird as well but head to Florida instead of AZ. Congrats on the twin grandchildren! I just noticed your CN trunk. My son is an engineer for CN's Wisconsin Central division.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Great post Thank you. I look forward to the continuation

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...