Thursday 10 November 2016

While We Are On The Subject of Doors! A few other door makeovers.

Pin It


Do doors get any uglier than this? Really? This is a 36" door. There are two of them, in fact.  Budd and I wanted to get rid of them and replace them with smaller ones. Johnny wanted to leave them alone, he said we have enough work to do, on that point he is definitely correct.


Well, I couldn't leave them alone, so I figured it was worth a try to make them look better.


It's always a process, paint, antique, sand, design!


Settle on a plan, and forge ahead!


See what I mean? Paint, stain, sand. 1,2,3!


Then stand back and have a look...and look... and look!


And look again, close up, far away, upside and and inside out!


 Put it back in place.


And much later, finally begin painting to cover up that red wall!


I've had good reviews by people who have come to tour the stone house, so I'm taking this as a success!
Now on to the next one. This door was in the house when we bought it, but it is not original to the house when it was built. It doesn't show so much here, but it was very orange, and a little beat up.


Enter Java Gel Stain by General Finishes. This product is incredible! This is my own personal opinion and I am not compensated by General Finishes in any way, although, I wouldn't refuse, if you know what I'm saying.
Here is a picture of the door finished, and trimmed out.


These are original French doors that we removed, and later replaced. I just started working on these, but then sunshine and warmer temperatures called, so you will have to wait until Spring to see the finished product. 


Not really a cliff hanger, but I hope you will come back and check it out again.





Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Its an amazing website, really enjoy your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for sharing this one. A must read article!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for information.keep sharing more articles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brief but very accurate info… Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some really useful stuff on here, keep up posting. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I consider something genuinely special in this website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This site is my intake, real superb pattern and perfect articles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely indited subject matter, Really enjoyed reading through.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific article! That is the type of information that are meant to be shared across the net.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am continually browsing online for tips that can facilitate me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am constantly thought about this, appreciate it for putting up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very good article. I certainly appreciate this website. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What’s up to all, it’s genuinely a good for me to visit this website, it includes helpful Information.

    ReplyDelete

  15. I’d have to consult you here.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...