Saturday 19 July 2014

Little Red Riding Hood, Oh Wait, That's Already Been Done, How about Little Red Bench

Pin It


 Wow, benches are just as popular this year as they were last year.  I will do my best to keep this trend going :)

This one started with a piece of a headboard that a friend gave me.  It was a little wide so I cut a little off the sides. I gave it a good sanding, added some back legs from a chair, and some embellishments, then I went to the scrap pile cherished salvaged wood stash for the rest of it.


I struggled over this one a little bit, first I was going to paint it white and add some subway style text, but I felt like it needed to be brightened up a bit.  Do you think this is bright enough?


I primed it and then painted a couple of coats of "Red letter day".  Then I antiqued it with ebony stain.  Next step is a coat of polyurethane.


For me it's just not done until it has a nice comfy foam seat cushion on it, with some gorgeous fabric of course.  I felt like the print was offset just a little so I took it off and redid it, but I didn't take another picture.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...