Monday 19 November 2012

Mmmmm, Chicken Pot Pie, Family Size

Pin It
People sometimes ask for my Chicken Pot Pie recipe, and like many cooks I didn't have one, so I have figured it out to the best of my ability.  Refer to my tutorial on pie crust if you don't already have a favourite.

Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

4 cups of cooked chicken
4+ cups of chopped potato
3 cups of sliced carrots
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of chicken broth
(I prefer homemade gravy, but since I often don't have it I substitute)
Pie crust

I am lucky enough to have potatoes and vegetable from the garden, although the potatoes I used in this post are white, and I never use white potatoes, always red.


There, they look a little more appetizing don't they?




I often use a ready cooked chicken from the grocery store, take all the meat off of it and cut it into pieces, this is what i got from one chicken.


I cook with salt, so I salted the water, cooked the carrot pieces for 10 minutes, then added the potato chunks and cooked for another 10 minutes.  Drain the vegetables before adding to the meat mixture.


Combine the two soup mixes, and then combine the chicken, gravy mixture, potatoes and carrots altogether in a 9 X 15 cake pan.


Roll out the dough so that it is bigger than your pan.


Fold it into a quarter size and cut steam vents.


Lay it into the corner of your pan and open it up to cover the top of your meat and vegetable mixture.


Roll the edges up


Bake at 400 degrees until crust is golden brown and gravy is bubbly.  Mine is a little dark on the edges because I used my small oven and that puts it fairly close to the burner


Enjoy!  

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. tisk tisk, not using my sea salt. Oh, its because your just getting rid of the old stuff, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ya, and the real question is, what's your pie crust recipe? I can't get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy Fayzer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, used up all your sea salt, had to buy more, plus more regular salt. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...