Saturday 16 February 2013

Once in a Half Moon; half moon table makeover

Pin It

Still stalling on my other project, need some diversion on this cold winter morning.  The other day, before the cleaning of roses began at Cheers!, I sanded this little table and knocked it apart.  It was very wobbly and one piece was completely pulled out.  I glued it back together and left it clamped for a few days.



Last night I cut out a stencil with my silhouette (you would not believe how much trouble I had, I really need to use it more, or get lessons from Sterling because that was ridiculous), and did just a light spray coat with white gloss (it's what I had on hand), and then peeled the stickers off .  This morning I gave it a light sanding and a coat of ebony stain.  I wanted a really old and worn look, 


the legs turned out awewome!


I like that the wood is showing through in some places and the white is very worn looking.  I'm going to finish it with a coat of polyurethane but need to get some from the store.



My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Furniture Feature Fridays

Inspire me link party Homa Style

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. OK - beyond SPECTACULAR - you aced this Faye - absolutely aced it
    Gorgeous..............
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This table is looking mighty fine with the makeover you gave it. I like how the wood shows through as well. Time worn ;) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gave it a very authentic time worn look. Amazing job Faye. I am your new follower!

    :)
    Sumaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! That looks like a lot of work, but it is gorgeous, and that is something that needed a makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous makeover! :) Thanks for sharing this at The Weekly Creative!

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty I love what you did...saw you on FF...smile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I really like what you've done to that demilune table! Love the harlequin. I do have some questions (I'm just starting to paint wooden furniture rather than leave it unpainted). After you took the stickers off, your wood underneath looks like you finished it. Or was it just the luck of the draw and you happened to get the right places on the top. You mention a coat of ebony. It was definitely used on the legs. Did you use it on the top as well?
    Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, so glad you like it! I coated the whole thing with ebony stain. I found that even though the top was sanded down to bare wood, it didn't hardly soak up any stain, I was quite surprised. I just let it do what it wanted to do and am so happy with the results. I have yet to coat it with a protective coating but plan to brush on some water based satin finish polyurethane. Thanks for visiting.
      Faye

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ chuyên dịch vụ mua hàng trên Amazon ship về Việt Nam uy tín, dịch vụ ebay vn nhanh chóng và dịch vụ order hàng Mỹ uy tín.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...