Thursday 18 February 2021

A Pair of Bedside Tables

Pin It

 

I wanted to make some bedside tables for a friend. I went out to the shed to find some 1 X 4's, got them cut up, and then...I found some wood that Johnny had reclaimed from some big crates or something. It was perfect so I used some 1 X 4's for the bottom and then used the new found wood for the rest.


I finally used two sets of the hairpin legs that my son made for me, I've been hoarding them!


Look at the old pulls that Johnny had in his stash, thank goodness he didn't throw them out. They came complete with chippy white paint.


I love the original numbers that were stenciled on the wood.


I added hinges to the bottom of the doors.


I stenciled on the front of the crates.


The recipient of these beauties is the person that bought our house and property which we called Old Mill Farm, because we had a hobby farm on the spot that once was an old mill.
The Pelican Ice Co. was a sister business to the mill, and when we bought the property there were some papers in the little building that was used as an office, we are assuming for both businesses.



What do you think? Would you use these in your bedroom?




Pin It

4 comments:

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...