Thursday 4 February 2021

Pin It



Laundry Room Part 3, For Sure This Time

I got a little carried away working on the red cabinet that I showed you in my last post. That was a lot of fun, but since then I have been slowly working on the last wall, and cabinets and countertop for the laundry room.

I painted the shiplap and tacked it in place, temporarily.

I started by putting together 3 old wall cabinets and building a base for them to make them a little bit taller, so the counter would end up at a comfortable height. I used wall cabinets because I don't need deep cabinets for storage and I didn't want them crowding the room.


I painted all the cabinets the same colour as the cabinets I put up over the washer and dryer.


Time to start the countertop. I used some bundles of short flooring pieces that were left in the basement when we moved in. I knew I would find a good use for them.


Ready for stain.


I had to take down all the shiplap so the insulation could be installed. Our son used a spray foam kit, but it didn't go far enough so Johnny filled in the wall cavity with some insulation he had taken out of another space and saved it because it was too good to throw out.


Finally I was able to permanently install the shiplap, and Johnny filled in the bottom with some sheeting we had leftover from another project. Probably the floors in our house, if so, it means we have been hanging on to it for 27 years, I don't know, maybe.


I began work on the little shelf unit that will fill the space at the end of the cabinets.


I looks crappy now, but it will all work out.


So here it is all together. Another step done!



Thanks for reading!




Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Such creativity and skill! This is beautiful and one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always amazed. Love the countertop. Great work MacGIRLver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color on the cabinets. You really show how things can be upcycled which is inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color on the cabinets. You really show how things can be upcycled which is inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color on the cabinets. You really show how things can be upcycled which is inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s looking so good, Fayze.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Faye, I was feeling good about putting a few sheets of gyproc up in our laundry room after 45 yrs until I saw this.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...