This is one of those pieces that I painted, didn't like the way it was going, and set it aside for...a couple of years. Originally I spray painted it a light turquoise colour and planned to antique it. Obviously I wasn't convinced that it was going to come out the way I wanted it, or I wouldn't have let it sit for 2 years.
I decided this would be a perfect project for the new legs that I made this winter. I believe this is the perfect height for beside a bed, a nice tall bed. Too bad I already have something I like beside my own bed.
I painted everything red, then rubbed off some of the red paint. I varnished and antiqued, and varnished again.
I love those legs!!! Too bad I can't show the old guys in the woodshop, I sure kept them guessing about what I was making. I'd love to show them the finished project.
I bought these glass handles for another project, but I love that they match the turquoise paint showing through the red paint.
I eventually painted the screw heads that are showing where I attached the legs, but am too lazy to go take another picture, so you will just have to use your imagination.
Sometimes it takes me a long time to get inspired about a project again, I'm always happy when I finish up a project, especially one I have had around for a while.
Linking up to Knick of TimePin It